This past winter was a long one. It was a winter that carried over into springtime. It was a winter that had MANY Americans across the United States wondering when it was going to warm up (and stay that way). It was a winter that had us wearing our hoodies and sweats a tad bit longer than we usually do.
Spring has finally made her appearance! And although I’m no weather guru, I think Mr. Snow Miser is finally out the door, and Mr. Heat Miser is ready is ready to come in. So let me ask you this: Is your body beach ready? …… (no judgment here… my beach body is still in hiding.) Don’t worry. There’s still plenty of time to work on your beach bod! AND it is never too late to work on a healthier you. The folks here at Planet Sauna (especially yours truly) strive to live a healthier lifestyle than what we have been accustomed to our entire lives, and we have a few tips and tricks up our sleeve that might help you get beach body ready.
- Get Up and Move- Now that the weather is nice, it makes taking a walk much more enjoyable. Walk through a park. Walk around the block. Walk the mall (but keep away from the food court.) Heck, even if you are binge-watching the latest & greatest series, press pause every so often and walk around your living room. Get your heart rate up. Even if it just a few short bursts at a time. I promise you that the more you do it, the easier it becomes.
- Stay Hydrated- This is super important ESPECIALLY in the warmer months. Water is your best friend. We all know the benefits, so I won’t get into that now. If you’re not a huge fan of water drinking, try sugar-free flavor enhancers. I’ve got a variety of flavors in the pantry. Oh, and do yourself a favor and do not drink your calories. That’s such a waste.
- Make Healthy Food Choices- Watch portion sizes. Choose healthier swaps such as blackened or seared instead of fried. Eat protein first. I was just recently saying that I’m pleased more and more restaurants are offering a wider selection of healthier and delicious options. And while you’re at it, split a meal with a dining companion. It’s nicer on the body, and nicer on the wallet!
- Sweat it out- (You knew it was coming.) Sweat out toxins and burn calories all at once while relaxing in an Infrared Sauna from Planet Sauna. With our variety of sizes, you can sit and sweat solo, or you can sweat with your “accountability buddy.”
- Relax With a Massage- Receiving a massage releases your “feel good” hormones Serotonin, which as it turns out, can help you feel good! And we all know that when you feel better, you look better.
- Be Kind to Yourself- Learn to love yourself. Celebrate each small healthy change you make. Don’t beat yourself up when you slip up. Just be kind to your body and mind. YOU are the only you.
So now you have a few tips that will help to get you started on your way to what not only feels good to your body, but it also feels good to your mind. Remember, we here at Planet Sauna wish you many happy Infrared Sauna sessions! And now we wish you many happy massage sessions, too!
And if you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 1-800-470-0256. Or if you like, just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the quick contact form located on our Contact Us page.
Visit our other blogs: